Goa is synonymous with the sand and sea, but it also conceals a cultural side which we mustn’t overlook. So why not discover the numerous places of historic and religious interest and taste some of the flavours of Goa’s traditional cuisine?
What we will see
- Shantadurga Hindu Temple
- Se Cathedral
- Basilica of Bom Jesus
What we will do
- Our excursion will begin with a visit to the Shantadurga Hindu temple, which gives off a serene aura with its brown, white and peach exterior. We will then head to one of the largest churches in the city, Se Cathedral dedicated to Saint Catherine and then to the Basilica of Bom Jesus, which built by the Jesuits in the 16th century and is home to the remains of Saint Francis Xavier. These are kept in a marble mausoleum and displayed to the public once every ten years.
- It will then be time for some lunch, served along with a musical performance by serenadorsso, at a hotel in Goa
What you need to know
- The itinerary may be subject to change.
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes.
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- Shoes must be removed and socks must be worn to visit the temple.
- It is not permitted to take photos or videos inside the temple.
- Only men are allowed to enter the mosque.
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE FILL UP BELOW FORM[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]